Ten ways that you can begin to choose Joy!
It’s vitally important to take time to reflect on where you are in life. Getting back to deep peaceful joy is a choice.
How we choose to be, what we choose to do, and who we choose to spend time with are all key choices that affect our state.
1. Take time to consider your energisers and drainers, look at how you can do more that energises you and less that drains you.
2. Make a list of all the times in your life that you were totally in the zone, ask yourself what the common theme was.
3. Choose your words wisely, reframe “I’ve got to” as “I get to” throughout your day and notice the difference in how you feel.
4. Look at the people that you are surrounding yourself with, are they your people? Remember, if you can’t change the people, change the people.
5. Educate yourself, it doesn’t have to be school, take a short course or workshop in something that stimulates you.
6. Volunteer, contribution helps you to reconnect with your values and put your life choices into perspective.
7. Get a mentor, having someone to talk to that you are inspired by expands your vision of what is possible.
8. Don’t limit yourself, always choose the option that will stretch you and fail forward every time, connecting to joy is easier when we are prepared to fail.
9. Ask yourself what scores a ten in your life, do more ten’s!
10. You only live once, so choose more of what brings you joy, if something or someone doesn’t bring you joy either shift your perspective, change the people or change the activity!